Thursday, May 13, 2010

My new bathrooms and the women behind it all!






Russ's mom, Marie, while she was in town decided to take on a project I hadn't finished since we moved in last summer. When we moved in our master bath had dark purple wallpaper everywhere and our mud bathroom had blue and cream striped wallpaper too. I tore a lot of it off when we moved in with the help of the kids and their friends, but it was put on hold when Russ said we needed to wait, due to other repairs that needed to come first. So we aimed for after we received our taxes. Life got busy and so I never got motivated enough to stay up all night and finish the mess. So Marie said she wanted to do it for me. She spent hours in both bathrooms ripping the rest off. I spray painted the light fixtures, Russ textured the bathrooms and then I painted them. Marie requested to see the finished project, so here it is. For some reason the colors aren't showing right. My bathroom is not hunter green. It is a brown with gray tints to it, but at night it does have a greenish tint too, unfortunatley. I also haven't decorated it at all. Thank you Marie for your help and for motivating me to finish it.

1 comment:

  1. The bathroom looks awesome! Marie was telling me all about scraping the wallpaper off and how she worked so hard the whole day and then decided to spray it and let it sit all night and it came off in like 10 minutes... haha funny! Oh and Ray says that Josh and Holden look like identical twins :)

    ReplyDelete