Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ending with Mother's Day

I have now spent 2 hours with sick kids doing my blog to catch up. Mother's Day....Saturday night before Russ left to work the night shift he told me that he was so sorry (with adorable puppy eyes too, like my Holden), but that he would have to work not only the night shift, but moonlight at home as well. Now prior to that he had worked all day and had 2 hours of sleep before going into the hospital. I just shrugged and said it was okay b/c I had it covered.
I had decided that since he was working night shift this month and moonlighting during the day/night all month long that I would have roast for dinner. Usually Russ barbecues for me. I love a good steak, but roast is my most favorite meal ever. I haven't had one forever. I bought a box of brownies b/c Em knows how to make brownies on her own, and she did it. The roast was wonderful and so were the brownies!
The kids did such sweet things. Cards, flower pots, I even got a card in Spanish from Holden that said Mi Mami. :) Church was great. Em and I were in a choir during sacrament that sang a Mother/Daughter duet. It was hard not to cry through the entire meeting including the song. I was worried about going up there since Russ was gone, if Loren could take on the other 3 kids, knowing that Josh would probably cry. They did great. Loren took Josh out of the room and Ash and Holden sat quietly. That was a blessing.
When I got home I found a bouquet (wish I'd taken pictures) of chocolates in a vase with a bear attached to it with a note from my sweet husband. It was from the hospital store, which makes it even sweeter. He felt like it was so dumb, but it was the best thing he could do, due to the situation. I loved it. I loved that he thought about me as his exhausted body took the time to stay at Ben Taub for 10 minutes longer. I love that even though he only had maybe 4 hours of sleep in a 24 plus time frame that he tried so hard to stay awake to help with the children that day even though I kept telling him to go to sleep. Actions and words are so much more to me then any gift. Thank you Russ I love you!
I also wanted to tell my own mother what a wonderful mother she is! She is my every morning conversation that keeps me moving. I also feel so bad when I think about anytime I mistreated you as a child and adult. :) You've always been such a good example to me. I aspire to be like you in so many ways.
To Marie, I want to let you know how much I appreciate you for being a wonderful mother to your boys. I always think of the scripture you used to have on the fridge of the 2000 stripling warriors and know that it is b/c of your faith that Russ is who he is today and I am so thankful for your strength in the gospel. It shines through you in all that you do.
Of course to my wonderful friends that have taught me to be a mother. I've learned so much from all of you. From Chicago to Texas. Thank you and Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. loved all your posts!! Me and Joe love to see the kids and know what your and your people are up to. BTW I say my little people all the time out here and no one gets it. So I can't wait to see you this summer! Glad you had fun with you sisters and mom. Looks like you guys had a blast. And Joe and I still can't get over that you and Russ are on Baby #6. You two should start writing that book we have always asked you guys to write. Well tell everyone we say hello, and that we have Russ's deordorant. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute post! I love Russ's gift! That is awesome - from the hospital gift shop! That made me tear up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day! Those Wright boys can sure be sweet!

    ReplyDelete