Monday, May 3, 2010

If I Were in Charge of the World- by Emily

Emily created this poem at school the other day and brought it home and read it to me, and I thought it was cute so I thought I'd post it so I would remember it. :) I capitalized it the same way she did.

If I were in charge of the world
I'd cancel Doctors appointments
strawberries
schools and also
Taxes.
If I were in charge of the world
There'd be Ice Cream Mountains
milk Rivers, and
People can fly
If I were in charge of the
world
You wouldn't have football.
You wouldn't have baseball
You wouldn't have bossy
people
Or bears
You wouldn't even have fish
If I were in charge of the world
A sundae with sprinkles and cream
Would be fruit
All cats would be dogs
And a person who somtimes forgot to blush
And sometimes forgot to flush
Would still be allowed to be
In charge of the world.

The best part was the Loren read it and about stopped in his tracks at her baseball comment, and said, "Em this doesn't make sense." I love her creative mind it is beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. My favorite part is "a person who somethims forgot to blush and sometimes forgot to flush". Haha I think that is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cute!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with the cat thing....way to go Emily! THat was to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ally said she agrees with the NO FOOTBALL GAMES! Love you Em!

    ReplyDelete