Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Is 7 now the teens?


The other day Emily was sent to her room for sassing her mother outside, and as she stomped her feet to her room and rolled her eyes, so did I (with my head down). Later after the buzzer had gone off she came out all happy and went on with her playing. A few hours later I went into her room and I noticed a few sticky notes attached to her mirror. One of them said, "I haet you mom," and the 2nd one said, "I haet your owfit too!" I just laughed to myself, and then I called her in. She was a little shocked that I found her notes. I think she had forgotten completely about it. I told her that wasn't nice and that hurts my feeling. :) She said, "Sorry." and then I asked her if she really hated my outfit. Really I was curious, and she said, "No I love it!" We both laughed! Pretty sad when they already know how to or think they know how to hurt your feeling. Anyway, I still thought it was a funny moment. I wished I'd taken a picture of it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get another one! :)

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging because when I lived by you I always trusted your parenting advice because your such an awesome Mom. It makes me laugh that Emily knows how to get your attention. However, you always handle it like a pro. Olivia wants to see some pictures of Emily. She told me that she misses her. I tried to stop by while we were there. Your cars weren't there and I wondered if you had moved. I am still shocked that you have five little people and two dogs. Your Amazing!!! Take Care Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding that stuff! I went through Eric's phone once and found a text to a friend that was complaining about me. Imagine that! What on earth could any of these kids have to complain about their mother!?!

    He lost his phone for the weekend (DEVISTATING!) and gets 'random text checks' now. They adore me, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hysterical! Braegen just did that the other day. The sign read :"Dad do not come in my room and mom and corey bet Jammy and Michael can come in"! I think it makes them feel a little but in control over their lives if they can control their space. I told Braegen to take it down so she didn't hurt her daddy's feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just down right funny! I love how she spelled the words too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh....yes. 7 is a teen now...at least in our house!

    ReplyDelete