Monday, February 9, 2009

Cell phones and texting are beyond us!

Russ just started moonlighting and had to get a cell phone... uh oh! How do you use a cell phone and what is texting? We have had one pay as you go cell phone for a few years, which we tried to avoid, only because of finances. So we got one. Then Russ started moonlighting and apparently they didn't like that he had to call me from work so that I could call his work, and then turn on the party line (I'd put the phone down,and then they would discuss their business). :) It took Russ's job actually saying to Russ, "You need a cell phone." So now we have 2 pay as you go cell phones. :) We are so white trash it's incredible!
Anyway, Russ got texted the other night that they needed him to pull an extra shift because somebody had quit, but we didn't get it. Who knew that when your phone makes this little beep sound that you have a text. Well we didn't. We heard something weird come out of the phone, but it just didn't register. Why is calling so hard to do? I mean texting seems harder to me then picking up and dialing the number.
So when we were at church (the next day) Russ told me his work had texted him last night, and they wanted him to work today (we sound flakey, but really we're just texting retards). So he "text" them back, and he told them he never had "text" anyone is his life. I guess they got a kick out of that, but so did we. We know we are so out of the cell phone world. I hope everyone pays attentions to texting now because we're in the know and we're going to use it. Just kidding Russ. I guess texting cost more too if you don't have a plan for it. So really we won't be using it. :)

4 comments:

  1. I am SO with you. I couldn't do it if I had to. Every time I try to use Jared's Blackberry I'm like, "what the heck, just call them and leave a message." Seriously, how are you supposed to hit those tiny buttons anyway. :) I think to myself, "all those dorky teenagers can do it, I should be able to". But I have no interest and so until I have to--I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also have 2 white trash pay as you go cell phones,and I don't know how to text either. Cell phones are overrated. My family makes fun of me and said I am one step away from the Amish. I am glad to hear I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to "text" you now just to test you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Denise,

    Your cousin Natalie here. Anyway, if it makes you feel any better we are text illiterate too, so we can totally relate to your story. I don't know if I will ever get it. Your family is cute!

    ReplyDelete