Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving Holiday















My parents stayed after Emily's baptism for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time. It was so wonderful to have company. Russ had been so busy for a few months. At times it seemed unbearable to be a single mother of 5. So this was such a lift for me!
We started the trek with singing, "The good ole' Mountain Dew," in the chorus it says, "I'll shut up your mug if you feel up my jug." Josh loved singing, "shut up, shut up," the whole time. This is a Fisher family favorite as Grandpa sings and we clap and our hands and then we join in the chorus. My kids eyes when they heard me sing shut up widened because I was encouraging them to sing along. :)

We went to San Antonio and saw the Alamo. What's that? What's the wheelchair for? :) My Dad has horrible feet issues right now so we borrowed a wheelchair and made him sit in it while we pushed him around the River walk. Grandma attempted to push him at the Alamo, but when she ran into a bump and sent him almost flying out of the wheelchair he huffed off and pushed the kids around in it for awhile. :) I only wish I had thought to take a picture of that moment. My mom stood in the middle of the street, a busy street, with her legs crossed, laughing her head off. I kept saying, "Lady get out of the street before you get hit by a car!" She couldn't though because she was laughing so hard that if she'd moved she would have peed her pants. They now laugh together about it. So at the end of the day I took a picture by a handicap parking sign, seeing as he has a pass now and all. They are so fun and crazy!

We then headed over to Bastrop State Park where we stayed in these cool cabins that the CCC build years ago. My mother says she'll NEVER camp in Texas so this is as good as it gets for camping. :) It was good enough the kids had a great time.

For Thanksgiving we stayed at home. Russ was on call the entire weekend and got called in a few times, but mostly we all got lucky to have him around.

My mom and I always venture out for the day after Thanksgiving sales. We started at Midnight and ended my adventure at 7am. My mom's ended with my Dad at Joann's Fabric (yuck) at around 11am. What a trooper he is. My mom is a sewer and I remember having to wait in lines for sales when I was a kid. I think that is kind of what Hell will be like. :)

Thanks Mom and Dad for coming. We loved having you and miss you so much.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these pictures! I wish that I could have been with you guys. It looks like it was such a fun trip and that I probably would have peed my pants too!

    ReplyDelete