Sunday, December 6, 2009

Emily's Baptism











Our sweet, beautiful, Emily got baptized on November 21st, 2009. We are so proud of her choice to be apart of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She looked radiant on her baptism day, dressed in white. She picked this gorgeous, white dress because it was long and it reminded her of Taylor Swift when she sings, "Romeo and Juliet." :) I was so worried that she was going to only think about being Taylor Swift instead of focusing on the feeling that was definitely there. Jim Potts, our friend even said to her, "I heard Taylor Swift is getting baptized." She was so excited he thought she was Taylor Swift.
We were also so blessed to have both of our parents come out as well as Uncle Dan and Ally. She felt so loved.
My fear was taken from me as she showed us that she knew why she was truly there that day. She listened so well to all of the talks, including making eye contact with our Bishopric member when he welcomed her in the Ward.
I was so flustered during the baptism with making sure it ran smoothly that I had to stop and take in the Spirit. When I held her hand and handed her to Russ in the font my heart swelled and I knew Heavenly Father and Jesus was so grateful for her choice too. I was so thankful for Russ, that he holds the priesthood and could baptize and later confirm, our beautiful daughter. What a blessing it is to be a member of this wonderful gospel. You know even more that the church is true when your own child takes on the sacred ordinances that are so important to return and live with our Father in Heaven. We love you Emily!

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Congratulations Emily! I remember by baptism day.. I was running around saying "this is the best day of my life!" It is such a neat thing.. she looked absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I can't believe how big your family is! It still shocks me, sometimes, to see you with 5 children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Taylor- I mean Emily! And Denise, you look hot!

    ReplyDelete