Friday, January 16, 2009

Thanksgiving 2008






My people (my parents) came for Thanksgiving this year! It was so nice to have them around for the holidays! We had a great time at the Zoo with them, getting Kolaches (a delicious sweet roll with food in the middle),playing new board games, cooking the turkey with Grandpa (what a hoot), and waking up way to early with all the other crazy shoppers after Thanksgiving day with my Mom.
Cooking the turky was the cutest part. Holden was so excited to cut this baby open and see what was inside of it! All the kids stood around Grandpa as he showed them the insides of the turkey. He pointed out every part. He was hilarious! I wish I had a video camera to rewatch that great moment. He lifted up the birds wings and would say, "does anyone have any deodarant?" He let them touch it, and we all ate the gizzard, heart and neck (my favorite part). It's a little sneak peek of what our delicious turkey will taste like. Loren and Emily didn't love the insides as much, but Holden LOVED it! He still talks about the gizzard! Even Josh army crawled over to get a view of the excitement in the kitchen. Grandma had to pick the little guy up so he could see. Ashley as I'm posting this says, "Grandpa was so slilly with that turkey!" Thanks for the wonderful time!

1 comment: