Saturday, January 17, 2009

Starting over with my dogs




I use to be a dog lover when we got Max (cockapoo). He is such a great dog! He doesn't shed, and he lets the kids do whatever they want, ALWAYS! The we happened on Jaggers our black Collie Mix of something I don't know maybe mixed with poo. Just kidding he has Blue Heeler in him. The first day we got the dog he tore up my porch swing and our trampoline net and pads! Anyway, I have at times had good moments, but they both really started irritating me the more children we added to the bunch the less love I've shown the pups (my kids have kept loving them). Then I went a few weeks ago to see the movie "Marley and Me," what a great movie! I cried so hard at the theater, I called my parents and cried on the way home about it, and then I cried to Russ at home! Pathetic huh? A little I agree, but it reminded me of what dogs are really truly here for. They really are a mans best friend. They are there for my kids when they are sad, happy, lonely, loyal, and always so forgiving! If you saw what my kids did to the poor things you'd be impressed my dogs are still happy to see them. :) That movie reminded me of what my dogs meant to me as a child and even though I don't want to cuddle with them now (I did after the movie though, Russ thought I was going crazy literally!) they really are great dogs! I am thankful to God for putting such great animals in my life and my children's. My New Years goal is to try to love my dogs. I'm sure I lost a lot of you here on this one, and maybe I really am going crazy who knows! :)

4 comments:

  1. holy cow!!! you did a ton of work for you first couple days on this. It looks like you already totally know what your doing. It was so fun to see all the cute pictures, and fun things you guys have been up to. Me and Joe just laughed at the kids. They are getting so big, I honestly can't believe it, and we can't believe you guys have 5 kids!!!! wow!!! You are doing great and as we always have said are you going to write a book for us to follow your parenting??? So glad you joined the blogging world. Now I think it will be a little easier to keep in touch. Tell everyone we all said hello and love you guys lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise I am so impressed! How did you make time for all these posts? You are the woman! I always say that you were made for having kids. They are all such good kids and so adorable. We are big fans of the Wrights! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you're going crazy! I bawled all the way through that movie and couldn't go and hug Gimli so I hugged Nicky's dog instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't lose me sista. I don't have dogs but oh how I can see you snuggling little Max on the couch talking in that doggy voice, rubbing his wittle head. I'm so happy to see you blogging because it makes me feel like you aren't so far away. Love you!

    ReplyDelete