Thursday, September 3, 2009

Painful Piano

The other day I was taking Loren and his best buddy, David to skateboard camp. On the way up Loren announced to David that he will be starting piano soon. He said, "Hey David, I'm going to take piano lessons, dude, so I'll be feeling your pain." David and his little brother, Tyler decided that they should let Loren in on how painful piano is for them. They did say the good things as well. I was totally laughing at this adorable conversation. Tyler at one point says, "Piano is so PAINFUL!" and then at another moment, "piano rocks!" The best part was that they all agreed it was a good thing and worth it in the end.

So Loren and Emily started their lessons yesterday. Loren asked just before he left, "Do you think I'll be any good at it, Mom?" He's so sweet. Emily came home and ended up going to her room because of the pain it brought her. Loren can't keep his hands off the piano. He loves creating music I can tell. Emily loves it too she just needs to get back into the practicing routine.

I ran into his piano teacher at school and she said that he was so sweet. He was nervous and so tense. He'd appoligize everytime he made a little mistake. She said, "I told him that if he did everything right then he wouldn't give her anything to do so it's okay to make a mistake here and there." Then she said, "He was so tense it looked painful." I started laughing. Now is that a Seinfield moment or what?

Piano is terribly painful, but the music is so worth it.

4 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing! He is such a sweetheart!I didn't know you were having him take piano as well. That's such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that kid! Don't tell him I said that, cause it will gross him out, I'm sure, but I do! I was so impressed with him today in primary speaking in full sentences and coherently answering my questions and all. You don't come by that too often nowadays. He's a goodie. (All your kids are great, of coarse. You know that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guarenteed a smile and an old man grandpa laugh when I read your posts. That was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! Wish me luck! Braegen starts up next week!

    ReplyDelete