Monday, February 15, 2010

One Half Marathon under my belt.

Well I did it! I ran a half marathon on the beach this last Saturday. Emily is reading this out loud as I am typing and I am feeling like a total loser as she reads it. She's doing it with a southern drawl. :) Anyway, I did it and it's over and so I went to Walmart and bought Valentines candy today.....it's 50% off and I ate a lot of chocolate because I can now! :) Although I do have to admit that I am a little addicted to it and made myself not run today. I said I would never do one again before the race, but after doing it I changed my mind. It was pretty fun. Okay I'm feeling even dumber because Emily is still reading over my shoulder out loud, so I'm done.

5 comments:

  1. Denise! Good job! I'm glad to see that our Chicago early morning runs have payed off! J/K but seriously that is awesome! I ran 3.5 miles today... I have yet to do a half...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I ran a half marathon right before Ray and I got married and then I pretty much quit running... lame, I know. But the half marathon totally kicked my trash and now my friend is trying to convince me to do a full marathon... haha yeah right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is amazing! Emily is hilarious, I was just laughing while I was reading it. Cam is asking what I am laughing at...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, I can't believe you ran a half marathon without me. I wish I was still there so I could have experienced it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Denise! Thanks for saying hi! Your family is SO CUTE!! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete